Jordan M. Atin
Jordan M. Atin joined the firm in 1999 and is one of the firm’s counsel.
Jordan is an adjunct professor at Osgoode Hall Law School. In 2004, Jordan was appointed as one of Ontario’s first Certified Specialists in Estates and Trusts Law.
He is the past Chair of the Ontario Bar Association Estates Section and a Full Member of The Society for Trust & Estate Practitioners.
Mr. Atin was the inaugural recipient of the Hoffstein Prize recognizing his contribution and achievements in Estate Law.
Jordan is the co-author of “The Family War- Winning the Inheritance Battle” and appears on TV as an expert on estate matters.
He is a frequent Chair and Presenter at Osgoode Hall Law School, Ontario Bar Association and Law Society of Upper Canada programs on estate matters. Jordan is a contributor to the text Estate Litigation and the author of numerous articles on estates matter. His articles are referred to in many of Canada’s leading estates texts.
Jordan has an J.D. from Osgoode Hall Law School. He was called to the Bar in 1993. Jordan is the founder and lead instructor of The Institute for Wills & Estate Education (IWEE). IWEE’s intimate and interactive workshops are held regularly. For more information visit www.iwee.ca.
FeaturedCanada AM's 4 part series with Jordan M. Atin on disputes over Wills, estates and Powers of Attorney:
Family Feuds - Part 1
Family Feuds - Part 2
Family Feuds - Part 3
Family Feuds - Part 4
Devil Can Be In Details When Drafting Wills, Lawyers Weekly
Executor’s Insurance, Arctic Obiter
When To Use Dual Wills
Changing Families Mean Changing Legacies
Peggy Is Still Mom’s Favorite
Law Prevents Estate Claim, Court Rules
Avoiding Liability Under New Estate Tax Regime
Year Joined Firm
- 10% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
Certified Legal Specialties
- Estates and Trusts Law
- Ontario, 1993
- Osgoode Hall Law School, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Honors: Frequent Speaker, Osgoode Hall Law School
- Adjunct Professor, Osgoode Hall Law School
- Founder, Institute for Wills & Estate Education
- Frequent Presenter, Ontario Bar Association
- Frequent Presenter and Chair, Law Society of Upper Canada
Honors and Awards
- Recipient, Hoffstein Prize Recognizing his Contribution and Achievements in Estate Law
- Lexpert Ranked - Consistently Recommended
- Recipient, Best Lawyers in Canada
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Ontario Bar Association Estates Section, Past Chair
- STEP - Full Member
- Estate Planning Counsel of Toronto