Jordan M. Atin
Jordan M. Atin joined the firm in 1999 and is one of the firm’s counsel. Jordan also maintains a mediation practice through Hull Estate Mediation Inc.
Jordan was appointed as one of Ontario’s first Certified Specialists in Estates and Trusts Law.
He is the past Chair of the Ontario Bar Association Estates Section.
Mr. Atin is the inaugural recipient of the Hoffstein Prize recognizing his contribution and achievements in Estate Law.
Jordan is the co-author of “The Family War- Winning the Inheritance Battle” and appears on Canada AM and the Business News Network as an expert on estate matters.
He is a frequent speaker at Osgoode Hall Law School, Ontario Bar Association and Law Society of Upper Canada programs on estate matters. Jordan is a contributor to the text Estate Litigation and the author of numerous articles on estates matter. His articles are referred to in many of Canada’s leading estates texts. His recent articles include:
- Executor's Compensation
- Removal of Executors for Conflict of Interest
- The Impact of Marriage in Estate Matters
Jordan has an LL.B. from Osgoode Hall Law School. He was called to the Bar in 1993. He was chosen by LawDay as one of the top 60 leading lawyers in Canada in the practice area of Estates and Trusts for the year 2009.
Year Joined Firm
- 10% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
Certified Legal Specialties
- Estates and Trusts Law
- Ontario, 1993
- Osgoode Hall Law School, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Honors: Frequent Speaker, Osgoode Hall Law School
- Frequent Speaker, Estate Matters, Ontario Bar Association
- Frequent Speaker, Estate Matters, Law Society of Upper Canada
- Adjuct Professor of Law at Osgoode Hall Law School
Honors and Awards
- Recipient, Hoffstein Prize Recognizing his Contribution and Achievements in Estate Law
- LawDay as One of the Top 60 Leading Lawyers in Canada, Estates and Trusts, 2009
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Ontario Bar Association Estates Section, Past Chair